Considered the “Backbone of the Philippine Aquaculture” Bangus farming is significant in giving livelihood and ensuring food sufficiency.
Today BFAR XI, through the Regional Fisheries Training and Fisherfolk Coordination Division (RFTFCD) conducted a webinar tackling Bangus Culture in Marine Fish Cages.
For this webinar, we invited Mr. Erwin T. Suan, technical staff of Provincial Fisheries Office in Davao del Norte as our resource speaker. The topics he tackled were as follows:
• Importance of Mariculture
• Mariculture Park Concept
• Marine Fish Cage Designs and Materials
• Other Structures and Support Facilities Needed
• Advantages and Disadvantages
• Species Cultured
• Biology of Chanos-chanos
• Biology of Danggit
• Stocking of Fingerlings (for Polyculture of Bangus and Danggit)
• Feed and Feeding Management
• Common Fish Diseases and Prevention
• Harvesting Techniques
We are grateful for the continuous support of the participants and we are hoping that you would join us again next time. We will continue to harness extension services to bring you the necessary knowledge in starting a livelihood.
We are excited to see you all tomorrow for another learning activity.